swell.

swell.
off Costa Head, west coast orkney

Sunday 7 February 2010

More polo training


Friday evening canoe Polo training, the hardest part being I cant have my after work Guinness till after 10 O' clock! Murder!!! Anyway we had a job to do this week so Graham and me turned up early to stick up our Polo goals that we had made..

Peter guarding my Hepworth goals..




Mine was the lightest so we worked with them as we didn't have much time to spare. Hepworth sink drain pipe was what i used, Graham opted for 2 Inch scaffold pole with key clamp corners! having proper goals will hopefully improve everyone's shooting skills. No one needs that more than myself!Add Image

Graham looking pleased with himself..(I'm scared when he is smiling!)




Although I enjoyed this training session, being quite structured with a proper warm up, ball control practice, an over view of some more rules and a good competitive game, I feel I didn't play very well. Schoolboy errors going for the ball with my paddle, over shooting it and a few dodgy passes. Basically due to a lack of practice and perhaps now I'am starting to take what we do a bit more seriously, knowing that you cant make those errors next week at the Div 2 games.



I like this photo, looks like someone is actually listening to what I am saying..






We have another practise next Friday, then it is our second Polo session of the league on Sunday, I cant wait!


I have also realised that I am getting seriously soft and believe it must be the influence of the 'Far side' who are joining our club.. I bought a 'Dry suit' this week!! Scary..Soon i will have to feel the need to tie my paddle to myself when paddling at Scapa peir!! No, Never..!

On a serious note I like to keep loose rope and cords to a minimum as they are defiantly a danger when upside doon!






I will head out for a walk now its a beautifull day. Scotland v France then!!! Whoop!






Send them home wards tae think again!!






















Add Image

Add Image






















































No comments:

Post a Comment